- White school glue (4-6 ounces)
- Water (1/4 cup)
- Borax powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Food coloring (optional)
- Glitter (optional)
- Prepare the Borax Solution:
- In a separate container, mix 1/2 teaspoon of borax powder with 1/4 cup of warm water. Stir until the borax is completely dissolved. This is your borax solution.
- Prepare the Glue Mixture:
- In a mixing bowl, pour 4-6 ounces of white school glue. If you want a larger batch of slime, you can adjust the amounts accordingly.
- Add Color and Glitter (Optional):
- If you want colored or glittery slime, add a few drops of food coloring and/or glitter to the glue. Mix well until you achieve your desired color.
- Slowly Add Borax Solution:
- Gradually add the borax solution to the glue mixture while stirring continuously. Add it a little at a time and mix well.
- Keep adding the borax solution until the slime starts to form and pull away from the sides of the bowl. You may not need to use all of the solution.
- Knead the Slime:
- Once the slime has formed, take it out of the bowl and knead it with your hands. This helps to improve its texture and consistency.
- Store in an Airtight Container:
- After playing with the slime, store it in an airtight container to keep it from drying out.
- If the slime is too sticky, you can add a little more borax solution. If it’s too stiff, you can knead in a few drops of water.
- Be cautious with small children, as slime should not be ingested. Always supervise young kids during this activity.
- It’s important to wash your hands after making and playing with slime.
- If you want to make different types of slime (like fluffy slime, clear slime, etc.), you can find various recipes online that use different ingredients and techniques.
Enjoy your homemade slime!